Via an official HHonors representative on FlyerTalk, Hilton HHonors has a status match program. Email a request to HHonorMyStatus@hilton.com with your HHonors and something showing your elite status in another program, and see what happens! Send your request by January 11, 2016 and you’ll have the matched status through March 2017.
Since you can automatically get either HHonors Silver from credit cards like the Hilton HHonors American Express or the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature, or HHonors Gold from credit cards like the Hilton HHonors Surpass American Express or Citi Hilton Reserve card, I would say it’s only worth it to match to Diamond or possibly Gold if you have neither credit card.
Given that I just got Hyatt Diamond from a status match, I figured I might as well try to match to Hilton Diamond.
The benefits of Gold are:
- 25% point bonus on paid stays
- 5th night free on awards
- Complimentary access to fitness centers
- Two complimentary bottles of water
- Room upgrades given space availability
- Free breakfast at full service properties
- If upgraded to a floor with the executive lounge, you have access
That reminds me that I completely forgot to check out the lounge at the Hilton Bogota because I didn’t know it existed even though I was upgraded to a floor with lounge access.
The benefits of Diamond above Gold are:
- 50% point bonus
- 48 hour guaranteed room availability
- This will be charged at the rack rate, so I don’t find it that useful
- Room upgrades
- Theoretically Diamond members should enjoy better and more frequent upgrades but in practice seems to be unpredictable
- Complimentary premium internet
- All members get complimentary basic internet when booking through official Hilton channels or corporate partners
- Executive Lounge access
Also as a side for those who were just matched to Hyatt Diamond recently, don’t forget to match to MLife Platinum! The automated match isn’t working for me right now, as it is still matching me to Gold, so you may need to wait a few days or a week.
Reminder of MLife Platinum Benefits:
- 30% bonus on points an express cmps
- Room upgrades
- Priority check-in
- Turndown service
- Priority access to pool cabanas and bungalows
- Priority reservations for spas/salons
- 15% discount at participating retail shops
- Buffet and Cafe line passes
- Fine dining priority reservations
- VIP access to nightclubs and pool day clubs
- Priority Valet and Taxi service
You can see the full list of MLife tier benefits here